Presentation

So for point of view, I picked close up. Basically it's means just getting really close to your subject so it fills the whole frame, and you start noticing stuff you wouldn't normally see.

I used my budgie.

This one's Blu. I got right up close to her face so you can actually see the little spot pattern and the texture of her feathers. From afar you would probably miss stuff when you take a normal picture of her on her cage.

This one's Perla. same idea, but the lighting's different here, there's more shadow on one side so it looks a little more dimensional instead of flat.

The book talks about how basically anything can be a close-up subject for example animals, plants, random objects. Most phones/cameras already have a close-up mode so it's pretty easy to try. I just thought it was a good way to make an everyday picture of my birds actually feel more interesting and notice how they change as the day goes on. 

One concept from the "Point of View" section of Photo Idea Index is Close-up. This technique involves moving in tight on a subject so it fills most or all of the frame, revealing details, textures, and expressions that would go unnoticed from a normal distance. Krause points out that micro photo opportunities are everywhere. They are in people, animals, plants, and everyday objects. Most digital cameras have a close-up setting (or macro lens, for more advanced setups) that makes this kind of shot possible. Getting close doesn't just show more detail; it can completely change the feeling of an image, turning an ordinary subject into something intimate or even a little surprising. For my photo, I got close to my budgie, filling the frame with its face and feathers so the small details can show for example the pattern of the spots, the texture of the feathers, and the curve of the beak.  It become the real subject of the photo, rather than just "a bird." I took a couple of versions from slightly different angles and lighting to compare how the close-up framing holds up.

Comments